Easy East London Turkish lentil soup. We wish you will like this turkish vegetable soup recipe. Start by frying chopped onions in vegetable oil Add chopped garlics to the fried onions Chopped tomatoes Tomato paste Chopped carrots Chopped potatoes Add washed lentils Add boiled water Cover it and cook for. A quick and easy flavorful Turkish red lentil soup.
Bring the pot to a boil and reduce to a simmer. This one-pot healthy lentil soup recipe is so easy to make, great for vegetarians and meat eaters, and sure to become a staple in your home! If you want a lentil soup that will quickly become a family favorite, I highly recommend giving it a try. You can have Easy East London Turkish lentil soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy East London Turkish lentil soup
- You need 350 g of red lentil.
- It’s 1 of letter of veg stock.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 tablespoon of chilli flackes.
- You need 2 teaspoon of dried mint.
- It’s Tablespoon of Bell pepper puree or tomato.
The original recipe was my grandmother's, and it actually. Here's a delicious and nutritious soup made with lentils, vegetables, and leftover holiday turkey. You can also use cooked chicken to make it. If you're wondering what to do with leftover turkey from Thanksgiving or Christmas, you can use some in this hearty and delicious soup.
Easy East London Turkish lentil soup instructions
- Cut the onions in to chunks and crush the garlic.
- Add onion to hot olive oil and brown the onions add the puree bring down the heat and cook off the puree for 1 min…..
- Add the mint,chilli and lentils cook off until the lentil colour change…… Add the stock and simmer until lentils cook. If the soup is getting thick add more water the way you like it!!!.
- Finish with abit of dried mint,lemon and Urfa chilli….use my bread recipe to make it a full meal..
Turkish Red Lentil Soup. by: ieatthepeach. My parents traveled to Istanbul a few years ago, and couldn't stop talking about the lentil soup they had there. Followed the recipe pretty much to the letter, stirring a little yogurt into my bowl instead of lemon. The lentils should have broken down, but you may find they need a further five minutes to achieve that state. Stir in lentils and broth and bring to a boil.