Turkish style: poached eggs with yogurt. HOW: Poach eggs, mix yogurt with mashed garlic, and fry chili flakes and walnuts in butter. Layer everything on a plate, season with red peppercorns Greek yogurt is Turkish yogurt actually. yogurt is a Turkish word. The reason why it is called greek yogurt in the western part of the world surprises.
We Turks love eggs done many different ways; one of our favorite ways to enjoy egg is as being poached and served over garlic yoghurt, a special dish called Cilbir, in Turkish. Cilbir is generally enjoyed as a hot mezze though I like serving as lunch or a light supper, along with a refreshing salad. About This Cilbir Turkish Poached Eggs with Yogurt Recipe. You can cook Turkish style: poached eggs with yogurt using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkish style: poached eggs with yogurt
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare of I tsp butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of greek yogurt(preffered) but you can use what you have.
- You need 1 tsp of mixed herbs.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of water for poaching the eggs.
Yogurt and poached eggs is a little odd, at least from the perspective of my Fresh garlic and dill are mixed into yogurt. Then it's topped with a few poached eggs and, at least traditionally, a sauce of melted butter and ground. Learn how to make Turkish-style poached eggs with yogurt and get the Smartpoints of the recipes. Divide the yogurt between small serving bowls and top with the poached eggs.
Turkish style: poached eggs with yogurt instructions
- Poach the eggs in one cup hot water..
- Melt the butter in a pan, immediately add in the chilli flakes, salt and the herbs..
- Add in 2 tbsp of water and mix.
- Do the assembling, first pour out the yogurt (i had the normal ilara at home so used it), then place the eggs on it and lastly spread the cooked spices.
- Serve with toasted bread as best accompaniment. Add a fruit to it for a balanced meal.
- For poaching, i have the method in my recipe blog. Check it out if need be.
Preparation Stir yogurt and garlic in small bowl to blend. Yoplait® Greek Yogurt gets spiked with garlic, topped with delicious poached eggs and drizzled with Aleppo oil for a flavorful, unique entrée. Turkish Eggs with Yogurt is a great summertime alternative to traditional poached eggs & toast. It's a savory breakfast that's refreshing in the summertime heat. Have you ever had Çilbir (Turkish Poached Eggs in Yogurt)?